I AmSome of you may remember back in November 2016 we published a post called I Am which was a mini-interview with Ryan that gave an insight into his autistic mind. To end this year rather than doing a round-up post we wanted something a little more light-hearted as our recent posts have been anything but. So here goes. Grab a quite break and enjoy...
WITHOUT any prompting, ask your child these questions & write down EXACTLY what they say. It's a great and funny way to find out exactly what they think.
1. What is something Mummy always says to you?
You need to take your meds.
2. What makes Mummy happy?
3. What makes Mummy sad?
Not having me.
4. How does Mummy make you laugh?
5. What was Mummy like as a child?
I don't know I wasn’t there.
6. How old is Mummy?
30 plus 10 ish.
7. How tall is Mummy?
Shorter than me.
8. What is Mummy's favourite thing to do?
9. What does Mummy do when you're not here?
10. If Mummy becomes famous what will it be for?
11. What is Mummy really good at?
12. What is Mummy not very good at?
13. What is Mummy's job?
14. What makes you proud of Mummy?
Nothing. I don't feel pride.
15. What is Mummy's favourite food?
16. What do you & Mummy do together?
17. How are you & Mummy the same?
We are human.
18. If your Mummy was a cartoon character who would she be?
I don't watch cartoons.
19. How are you & Mummy different?
There are too many to list.
20. How do you know Mummy loves you?
She keeps on saying it.
21. Where is Mummy's favourite place to go?
22. How old was Mummy when she had you?
16 years younger than she is now.
Ryan's viewSo there you have it. Ryan's current view of the world. I intend to repeat this next year as it will be interesting to see if any of his answers change. I also do not necessarily agree with the answer 8 to 12, but I do love the answer to number 5.
Thank you all for your support and company on this ridiculous road trip. Here is hoping for a smoother 2018.